See what others say about the book
“Kris Boesch as a CEO had 40% lower turnover than her competitors because she put joy first. By highlighting the right levers to make positive culture a choice, this book will walk you from the first starting conversations to a full blown positive work culture that would make work worthwhile.”
“There are so many valuable nuggets in Kris’s book – practical ideas from a leader who actually put them to work successfully scaling a company in a tough industry.”
“Culture Works is a solid guide full of energy, humor and most importantly, practical advice. Improve your workplace culture, honor your employees as well as your mission, and sleep better at night–knowing you have a thriving team firing on all cylinders.”
“A helpful guide to developing and living your company’s core values.”
“Creating an intentional culture in today’s business climate can be one of the most powerful forces for good. For our people, our communities, and our world. If you’re serious about this, Culture Works will serve as a wonderful guide.”
“This book shows you how to build a positive culture of happy, inspired people who bring commitment and motivation to their work.”
“Whether you’re a small company CEO or big company manager Culture Works is packed with leadership value bombs. This will go down as one of the best business books of 2017.”
“Culture Works has a very accessible style that gets key concepts across with solid, empirical backing. The Action Jackson practices are compelling, and very actionable. Boesch’s straight forward yet humble and charming tone make this book a delight to read.”
“Kris writes from the heart so you can lead from the heart. Improve your business AND be a positive influence in the lives of those you lead. Read Culture Works and learn to lead with joy.”
“Workplace culture is at the heart of business success. Kris has written the quintessential practical guide to securing profitability by creating an extraordinary culture.”
Create & Sustain an Extraordinary Workplace Culture
The Culture Works Book and Workbook are intentionally how-to books. They are also the foundation for the Culture Works Program. When you put Culture Works to work for you, employee happiness goes up and so does your bottom line.
How does it work?
First off, we designed the book, and system, specifically for those who lead others – managers, directors and above. The rest is pretty straight forward. You and your leadership team agree on a chapter to read. You then implement a key concept with your own team and see how it goes. At an agreed upon date and time, you get back together with your colleagues and share how it went. You learn with and from each other. And then, you do it all again.
Does it take time and commitment? Of course! But the alternative – employees who gossip, who won’t work together, and who ultimately leave – is much worse for everyone’s morale and your bottom line. So why wouldn’t you want to create significant shifts in improving workplace culture?
Do the work of the work. Make progress. Create meaningful results. Repeat.
Want to create and sustain an extraordinary workplace culture ACROSS your entire organization?
Would you invest less than $5000 from your annual budget for 8 of your managers to not only learn, but also implement the right tools that make an entire organization a talent magnet because its culture is so fantastic?
If so, check out the Culture Works Program. Using the Culture Works Book and Workbook as a foundation, the Program combines the books with exclusive online content and micro-lessons as well as access to Kris Boesch.
About the Author & Culture Works Program Architect
Kris Boesch is the CEO and founder of Choose People and knows how to create a happy workplace. Using a variety of tools and personal experiences and interactions, Kris helps transform company cultures, increases employee happiness and boosts the bottom line.
Over the past decade she has researched and tested – in a variety of workplaces – innovative concepts and tangible tools to create empowering contexts in which teams thrive. She wrote the Culture Works Book and Workbook,which she used as the foundation for the Culture Works Program, in order to help any company, who wants to level up their company culture and increase employee happiness.
Boesch collaborated with the Industrial Organizational Psychology Department at Colorado State University to conduct more than 1,000 hours of research that both the book and system are based on.
Prior to Choose People, Boesch was the CEO of Exodus Moving & Storage. Under her leadership, Exodus became the largest mover in Northern Colorado, with a turnover rate nearly 40 percent less than the industry average and a bottom line twice that same average. Boesch has been featured as a workplace culture expert in Inc., Entrepreneur and Forbes and was recently named one of the “Top 100 Leadership Speakers for 2018” in Inc. Kris is also a proud mother, dancing diva and dog lover.
The Culture Works Book and Workbook, as a complete set, is $199. The book alone is $79. Why?
- This is a HOW-TO manual – this isn’t one of those books that tells you what, but not how. We’ve included the innovative concepts and concrete tools you need to create an extraordinary workplace culture.
- You also get our online Culture Assessment and a report of your personal results. This assessment is based on over 1000 hours of research with the Industrial Organizational Psychology Department at Colorado State University – meaning it’s real deal.
- This book includes all of Kris Boesch’s learnings from 8 years of doing culture work with organizations from across a multitude of industries. As an internationally recognized culture thought leader and expert, Boesch charges more than the cost of these books for an hour of her time.
- Consider that if you get ONE, yes, just ONE, employee to stick around because of what you’ve learned, you’ve made your investment back 200 fold. Remember, for every unhappy employee who makes 40k/year, they cost you $38k/year in lost productivity. Keep them around AND happy and they’ll add $21k to your bottom line. (Read the research.)
- We are very serious about employee happiness. In addition to creating a huge financial return on investment, there’s a significant emotional return on investment that ripples out into our communities. When people are happy at work, they are better parents, spouses, volunteers and citizens. When we make the workplace better, we make the world better.
And who doesn’t want to live in a better world?