It’s the holidays. For some places in the country, it’s cold, it’s dark and the temptation is just to curl up by a fire. Settle in. Go into our caves and hibernate.
And here you are, charged with coming up with employee motivation ideas that will have your team sprint to the finish-line of 2019. Don’t despair.
Here’s 5 employee motivation ideas to light-up your team:
- Get clear on what would make a meaningful difference to accomplish by the 31st. Then share with your team the powerful ripple effect impact of accomplishing this. Why does accomplishing Y by the 31st make a difference? Paint the picture of the impact on your mission, the team and your clients as well as what it makes possible for 2020.
- Share an inspirational story of a time where it made a difference not to give up in the final countdown. Describe the self-actualizing sparkly experience of completing what you were committed to accomplishing as a team – rather than falling short by a few feet. Ask your team to share stories from their life where they had this experience.
- Break down the bite-size action steps needed to accomplish this outcome. Have your team members self-select steps and provide a timeline by when they will have each one completed.
- Create a fun countdown scoreboard – X days/hours to accomplish Y and then update it daily.
- Now blast, “We are the Champions of the World” and have a mini-dance party – especially belting out the lyric, “And we’ll keep on fighting ‘til the end…”
Go here for another one of our popular employee motivation ideas!
1.4 min readLast Updated: January 14th, 2021Published On: December 4th, 2019Categories: Employee Motivation Ideas, Improve Employee EngagementTags: Employee Collaboration
Leave theory behind and start taking action, today.
With Culture Works in your hands you’ll know exactly how, and what to do to manage your workplace culture.
No other workplace culture book empowers you to take on workplace challenges like the researched and proven 8 Critical Factors found in Culture Works.