It’s the holidays. For some places in the country, it’s cold, it’s dark and the temptation is just to curl up by a fire. Settle in. Go into our caves and hibernate.
And here you are, charged with coming up with employee motivation ideas that will have your team sprint to the finish-line of 2019. Don’t despair.
Here’s 5 employee motivation ideas to light-up your team:
- Get clear on what would make a meaningful difference to accomplish by the 31st. Then share with your team the powerful ripple effect impact of accomplishing this. Why does accomplishing Y by the 31st make a difference? Paint the picture of the impact on your mission, the team and your clients as well as what it makes possible for 2020.
- Share an inspirational story of a time where it made a difference not to give up in the final countdown. Describe the self-actualizing sparkly experience of completing what you were committed to accomplishing as a team – rather than falling short by a few feet. Ask your team to share stories from their life where they had this experience.
- Break down the bite-size action steps needed to accomplish this outcome. Have your team members self-select steps and provide a timeline by when they will have each one completed.
- Create a fun countdown scoreboard – X days/hours to accomplish Y and then update it daily.
- Now blast, “We are the Champions of the World” and have a mini-dance party – especially belting out the lyric, “And we’ll keep on fighting ‘til the end…”
Go here for another one of our popular employee motivation ideas!