What’s it worth to you to work in a company where you feel good about coming to work?
Grab a pen and paper and find out.
Calculate how much each of these is worth to you on an annual basis:
- Doing work that contributes to the success of your company (knowing what you do makes a difference)
- Working for a company that helps society through its product/service/contributions
- Enjoying the people you work with
- Being genuinely appreciated for your hard work
- Working in a workplace where you trust the people you work with and know that you are trusted
- Working in a workplace where you respect the people you work with and know you are respected
- Being “in the know” of what’s going on within your company
- Knowing that if you need to occasionally take care of a loved one who’s sick you can without repercussions or sideways glances
- Having a manager or supervisor you respect, can count on and who’s fair
- Knowing you have control over how to get your work done
- Working where there’s truly transparency, open communication and where feedback is not only heard, but taken seriously
Now add it up. How much?
How does that compare to your financial compensation and your benefits package? As much? More? Less?
Can you add the entire amount to your financial compensation in the company where you work? (If so, go thank your CEO, supervisor and co-workers)
Do you need to subtract some in the company where you work?
Are you now in the negative?
Something to think about.
*For those readers who e-mail us at email@example.com the amount their Psychic Compensation is worth to them overall for a year (not at your current company), and the breakdown amounts for 1-11, Choose People will send you a fabulous surprise package – make sure to include your address!