People are complex.
A group of people even more so. So it’s no surprise that an organization with employees comes with its people challenges. While there are a myriad of challenges to choose from, below are the top 23 elephants in the room. Which 3 are taking up the most space in your organization?:
- I have employees who ask for a raise and haven’t done anything to deserve it.
- We work hard to please our employees, but it seems they’re never satisfied.
- My employees think I’m lining my basement with gold bricks.
- Honestly, I don’t think my employees care about the company.
- When problems arise, no one steps up to take responsibility.
- My employees only do what’s in their “job description” and nothing else.
- Several of our incentive programs have backfired.
- I have an employee who’s a rainmaker/superstar and s/he’s totally toxic.
- We have in-fighting between groups (almost to the point of spitballs over cubicles).
- We’re a family – dysfunctions included.
- Our employees hate change – even if it’s what’s best for them and the company.
- I’m amazed at the false rumors that show up in our company.
- I’ve recently lost one of my best people, and we shouldn’t have.
- I have to micromanage or nothing will get done the way it’s supposed to.
- We’re awful at getting reviews done on time or at all – everyone hates doing reviews.
- We’ve promoted fabulous producers into mediocre managers.
- I just don’t have the time to give people kudos and pats on the back.
- I don’t know how to acknowledge great work without a promotion or a raise.
- I’m the CEO, and sometimes I’m the last one to know when there’s a problem.
- We’re divided into “old” school and “new” school and never the twain shall meet.
- We used to have an incredible culture and we’ve lost the magic.
- It’s so hard to find good talent anymore (and yet my competition seems to).
- We’re growing so fast – it’s hard to bring all the new employees into the fold.
Is there a pattern in your top 3?
- 1-7 deal with Entitlement and Apathy
- 8-13 deal with Drama
- 14-23 deal with Leadership Conundrums
Choose People helps you find the source of, address and remove these elephants.