While it does take intentionality, it doesn’t take much to have one of your team workers know you care – to have them have the experience of being known, matter and included…
- “If you have someone in your life that you are grateful for – someone to whom you want to write another heartfelt, slanted, misspelled thank you note – do it. Tell them they made you feel loved and supported. That they made you feel like you belonged somewhere and that you were not a freak. Tell them all of that. Tell them today.” Lisa Jakub
- Get someone a pair of Bombas socks to acknowledge their impact in the world in how they contribute to your organization’s mission.
- To give a shout out to one of your team members, take a picture of you and your fellow co-workers smiling with a thumbs up and text it to them.
- Put on a 5-minute de-stress dance fest with a conga line through the office.
- Next time someone wants your attention regarding an idea, concern or suggestion they want to share – stop whatever you’re doing, face them, and listen like there’s no one else in the world and nowhere you’d rather be.
- On Monday, unexpectedly, let them have Friday afternoon off.
- Have a potluck where everyone brings a dish that’s one of their favorite family recipes (and bring copies of the recipes!)
- Pause and take a moment to celebrate what’s working and highlight successes – including meeting milestones and small wins. (You could literally bring sparklers to mark the moment.)
- Create an ice bucket challenge.